Happy Cristobal Colon Day!
comments powered by Disqus
Kenneth R Gregg - 10/13/2005
I do like the way that you think. It's pretty difficult to keep up with the various journals on issues, but I do believe that the issue of Christopher Colon's jewish background has been mainstream for so many years that it would be amiss not to at least mention the topic in a current work on American history, just as there are many other subjects which should be updated as well.
It certainly is also the case that the misunderstanding of John Adams' comments on the proportion of American Revolution supporters, opponents and others during the Am.Rev. should be clarified in all current works on history as well, as you correctly point out.
Sometimes, when reading current history texts, it's like they were written forty years ago, by nonhistorians, based upon opinion polls. Most likely it's worse, they're written by committee!
- How Clinton Could Respond on Supreme Court Vacancy
- Trump and Clinton Way Ahead in South Carolina
- McConnell Says Senate Will Wait to Replace Scalia
- Antonin Scalia Is Dead
- Clinton Says Sanders Would Be Threat to Obama Legacy
- Internal Tracker Shows Trump Leading in South Carolina
- How the Primaries are Rigged Against Sanders
- Carson Sees Fundraising Resurgence
- Trump Has GOP Mega Donors Frozen
- Quote of the Day
- Top GOP Candidates Haven’t Released Tax Returns
- Trump Attack Ads Finally Begin
- Super PACs Gear Up for Clinton
- Cruz App Mines Data from Your Phone
- Trump Way Ahead in South Carolina
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Inside story finally told of the young US diplomat who cracked the case of the murder of 4 nuns in El Salvador in 1980
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges