Would Tallulah Bankhead Approve?
"I'd rather be strongly wrong than weakly right." Attributed to Tallulah Bankhead
I suspect that Tallulah Bankhead, perhaps Alabama's most famous rugged individualist in terms of lifestyle, would approve of the Bankhead Fund's conference on Thursday and Friday (October 13 and 14) on"Censorship, Free Speech and Free Press in the University" which is being sponsored by the Department of History at the University of Alabama. See here for a schedule of speakers and locations.
comments powered by Disqus
Kenneth R Gregg - 10/13/2005
The schedule for the Conference looks quite good! Perhaps it will give you the opportunity to stir the pot up a bit!
Just a thought.
William Marina - 10/12/2005
The Conference looks almost as good as Tallulah; what a gal!
I made my own little contribution to PC in the Blog today
Regards from DC, Bill
- Here's a look at history of 'religious freedom' laws
- ‘Hamilton’ Puts Politics Onstage and Politicians in Attendance
- Earth Tectonic Plate Simulation Reveals Our Planet Has Changed A Lot In 200 Million Years
- For G.O.P., Support for Israel Becomes New Litmus Test
- Yale’s Beinecke Library Buys Vast Collection of Lincoln Photos
- History's Grandin Wins Bancroft Prize for "The Empire of Necessity"
- Nobel prize-winning scientist writes a history of science
- Ken Burns tackles history of cancer
- If historians have their way, Americans will soon learn how important religion has been in US history
- Role-playing history game gets students jazzed