The 2005 Cliopatria Awards Nominations:
NOMINATIONS ARE CLOSED
Please submit, in comments below, your nominations for the best new history blog (created since 1 December 2004). [registration not required, but the usual rules of civility and conduct still apply] Nominations will be accepted from November 1st through 30th.
Please include an URL for the blog. You may nominate this blog/blogger in other categories as well, and/or nominate multiple blogs in this category.
If you want ideas of blogs or writers to nominate, see the History Blogroll or past editions of the History Carnival. If you're not sure whether a blog or blogger qualifies as"history," nominate them anyway and the judges will make a final determination. If you have questions, feel free to contact the chair of the committee:
Judging Committee: Jonathan Dresner (chair), Natalie Bennett, Hiram Hover. [Judges are ineligible to win awards they are judging, but feel free to nominate them for something else!]
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 12/1/2005
Thanks to all who nominated; it's up to the judges, now. We'll report back in January!
anon - 11/30/2005
Grant W Jones - 11/27/2005
I would like to nominate yours truly:
I was blogging over at 50th Star prior to your cut-off date. But The Dougout is not even a month old yet.
Haeretico Comburendo - 11/25/2005
Deserves two awards, because it's just that good. If any other blog can match BibliOdyssey's regular delivery of PRIMARY SOURCE cornucopiae, please post a link in a follow-up comment.
Sharon Howard - 11/12/2005
Janice Ingram - 11/8/2005
Historic Pelham Blog
anonymous coward - 11/7/2005
anon - 11/6/2005
B. Emerson - 11/3/2005
Scott Eric Kaufman of Acephalous (http://acephalous.typepad.com/)
More of a literary historian like the Little Professor, but still worthy of nomination.
rluker - 11/2/2005
I nominate Patahistory, http://students.ou.edu/D/David.M.Davisson-1/
Alun Salt - 11/1/2005
Oops! URL http://oracknows.blogspot.com/
showard - 10/31/2005
Beautiful and informative too.
Alun Salt - 10/31/2005
Started 11/Dec/2004. Not an out and out history blog, but there's plenty of historical interest on it. See the left hand bar for a list of WWII and Holocaust posts. An excellent example of the wide variety of people who history blog.
- Should Trump Be Impeached? What Founding Father James Madison Gave as Grounds for Impeachment.
- Long Lost Nordic Village Mysteriously Abandoned in the Middle Ages Rediscovered
- Holocaust Memorial Rebuilt Outside Far-Right Politician's House By German Activists
- Ratko Mladic Is Convicted in 1990s Slaughter of Bosnian Muslims
- Most Everything You Learned About Thanksgiving Is Wrong
- Is This Professor ‘Putin’s American Apologist’?
- Vietnam veterans challenge Ken Burns on the accuracy of his epic documentary
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race