RABBI SACHS: "IT HAS BEEN UNCOMFORTABLE TO BE A JEW IN BRITAIN".
"Anti-Semitism is on the increase … and enlightened people are not immune to it." The words, written in 1945 by the renowned British author George Orwell in an essay titled,"Anti-Semitism in Britain," might just as easily have been written in 2005.
Unfortunately it is also the sickness of the Muslim world. That is the reason that Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan agrees that: ‘Antisemitism is a Disease of [the] Mind’ The Telegraph article starts thus:
The Chief Rabbi, Sir Jonathan Sacks, has warned of a new wave of anti-Semitism, saying that"there have been times, the first in my memory, when it has been uncomfortable to be a Jew in Britain".
His outspoken comments, reported in today's Jewish Chronicle, have been included in a special message being read out to congregations over the Jewish New Year.
In the message, Sir Jonathan cites calls, backed by Sir Iqbal Sacranie, the secretary-general of the Muslim Council of Britain, to abolish Holocaust Memorial Day because it is offensive to Muslims.
In Norway a (non Jewish) teacher was told not to wear a Star of David because it is offensive to Muslims. Europe is fast becoming Dihmiland.
Publicity is the disinfectant and shaming is a good strategy. Emigration the ultimate answer.
comments powered by Disqus
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- Trump will get more GOP primary votes than anyone in history (because more people are voting)
- Labour Party suspends former Mayor of London for implying Hitler supported Zionism
- At Virginia home of President Monroe, a sizable revision of history
- Thirty Years After Chernobyl, Debate Rages About Nuclear Power
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"
- Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger discusses his controversial career
- Annette Gordon-Reed subjects herself to Reddit, the “anything-goes” social media website
- Historian Nick Turse says the Pentagon has blacklisted him for making multiple FOIA requests