RABBI SACHS: "IT HAS BEEN UNCOMFORTABLE TO BE A JEW IN BRITAIN".
"Anti-Semitism is on the increase … and enlightened people are not immune to it." The words, written in 1945 by the renowned British author George Orwell in an essay titled,"Anti-Semitism in Britain," might just as easily have been written in 2005.
Unfortunately it is also the sickness of the Muslim world. That is the reason that Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan agrees that: ‘Antisemitism is a Disease of [the] Mind’ The Telegraph article starts thus:
The Chief Rabbi, Sir Jonathan Sacks, has warned of a new wave of anti-Semitism, saying that"there have been times, the first in my memory, when it has been uncomfortable to be a Jew in Britain".
His outspoken comments, reported in today's Jewish Chronicle, have been included in a special message being read out to congregations over the Jewish New Year.
In the message, Sir Jonathan cites calls, backed by Sir Iqbal Sacranie, the secretary-general of the Muslim Council of Britain, to abolish Holocaust Memorial Day because it is offensive to Muslims.
In Norway a (non Jewish) teacher was told not to wear a Star of David because it is offensive to Muslims. Europe is fast becoming Dihmiland.
Publicity is the disinfectant and shaming is a good strategy. Emigration the ultimate answer.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”