BURMESE JUNTA USES POETRY AGAINST HAVEL AND TUTU
In any case, the Junta responded in verse as well as prose (FT):
If recipients of the Nobel Peace Prize/ Are discovered as working to destroy a nation/ And clearly discerned by Alfred/He surely will turn in his grave/ Remorseful that what he had/ initiated and established/ Had gone wrong/ He would only lament regretfully.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history