BURMESE JUNTA USES POETRY AGAINST HAVEL AND TUTU
In any case, the Junta responded in verse as well as prose (FT):
If recipients of the Nobel Peace Prize/ Are discovered as working to destroy a nation/ And clearly discerned by Alfred/He surely will turn in his grave/ Remorseful that what he had/ initiated and established/ Had gone wrong/ He would only lament regretfully.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)