A ONE MAN IRAN APOLOGIST
He complains that the administration has"turned opposition into a profession," and argues in a 9/28/2005 Financial Times op-ed (not on the net) that"Tehran has convinced much of the non-aligned community that the real issue is the right of the poorer nations to develop nuclear power" despite of the fact that Venezuela was the only country which supported Iran in the IAEA while countries like India (whose vote created a domestic and international earthquack) , Peru, Singapore and Ecuador voted with the majority. He even intimated (suggested?) that Iran's energy resources would enable it to blackmail oil needy countries like Japan and India who voted with the US.
Well, Iran tried to follow his advice but had to backtrack quickly. The game is not over, but I cannot but wonder what Ray Takeyh finds so attractive in these Mullahs.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)