A ONE MAN IRAN APOLOGIST
He complains that the administration has"turned opposition into a profession," and argues in a 9/28/2005 Financial Times op-ed (not on the net) that"Tehran has convinced much of the non-aligned community that the real issue is the right of the poorer nations to develop nuclear power" despite of the fact that Venezuela was the only country which supported Iran in the IAEA while countries like India (whose vote created a domestic and international earthquack) , Peru, Singapore and Ecuador voted with the majority. He even intimated (suggested?) that Iran's energy resources would enable it to blackmail oil needy countries like Japan and India who voted with the US.
Well, Iran tried to follow his advice but had to backtrack quickly. The game is not over, but I cannot but wonder what Ray Takeyh finds so attractive in these Mullahs.
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"