"ISRAAID IN AMERICA"
I have recently attended a private briefing with a senior Israeli diplomat with a extensive intelligence background. He was grilled about Israel's repeated hapless efforts to reach an accomodation with the Palestinians. His strategic answers left much to be desired and he knew it.
Finally he lost his temper and shouted:"It says 'Peace, Peace you shall chase!' Who are we if we don't do that?"
All I could think is, these are my people, these remain my people and wipe a secret tear.
comments powered by Disqus
- Pittsburgh native David McCullough's next book will focus on generations of Northwest pioneers
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton