KOFI ANNAN'S WORD IS WORTHLESS
Five years ago, at the request of the U.N. Security Council, Mr. Annan determined that Israel had completely ended its occupation of Lebanon in compliance with council resolutions. The future of Shaba Farms, Mr. Annan's report at the time said, should be resolved as part of negotiations to end Israel's dispute with Syria, which involve the entire Golan Heights area. . . .
Knesset member Ephraim Sneh of the Labor Party told The New York Sun yesterday that the Labor government of Ehud Barak spent much money and effort to coordinate the 2000 withdrawal with U.N. officials. The border, which Mr. Annan later called"the Blue Line," was drawn only after maps and documents going back to the 19th century determined that Shaba Farms, known in Hebrew as Mt. Dov, had never belonged to Lebanon.
Now, Kofi Annan comes to Israel and tells Sharon that that an Israeli-held area known as Shaba Farms is"a thorn" in the region, according to a U.N. spokesman."
Why? Because the Hizballa needs an excuse to continue to hold the myth of Israeli occupation of the Sheba Farms to excuse its failure to disarm. The corrupt head of the UN knows no shame and the UN puts the wishes of terrorist organizations like Hizbala above the decent treatment of a democratic country created by the UN.
The institution is hopeless and efforts to earn its legitimacy backfire.
comments powered by Disqus
- U.S. Planned for Military Occupation of Cuba
- New picture emerges of Mata Hari, who faced firing squad 100 years ago
- Massive section of Western Wall and Roman theater uncovered after 1,700 years
- Fight over national monuments intensifies
- Martin Luther: Reluctant reformer who rocked Christianity 500 years ago
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz