KOFI ANNAN'S WORD IS WORTHLESS
Five years ago, at the request of the U.N. Security Council, Mr. Annan determined that Israel had completely ended its occupation of Lebanon in compliance with council resolutions. The future of Shaba Farms, Mr. Annan's report at the time said, should be resolved as part of negotiations to end Israel's dispute with Syria, which involve the entire Golan Heights area. . . .
Knesset member Ephraim Sneh of the Labor Party told The New York Sun yesterday that the Labor government of Ehud Barak spent much money and effort to coordinate the 2000 withdrawal with U.N. officials. The border, which Mr. Annan later called"the Blue Line," was drawn only after maps and documents going back to the 19th century determined that Shaba Farms, known in Hebrew as Mt. Dov, had never belonged to Lebanon.
Now, Kofi Annan comes to Israel and tells Sharon that that an Israeli-held area known as Shaba Farms is"a thorn" in the region, according to a U.N. spokesman."
Why? Because the Hizballa needs an excuse to continue to hold the myth of Israeli occupation of the Sheba Farms to excuse its failure to disarm. The corrupt head of the UN knows no shame and the UN puts the wishes of terrorist organizations like Hizbala above the decent treatment of a democratic country created by the UN.
The institution is hopeless and efforts to earn its legitimacy backfire.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"