KOFI ANNAN'S WORD IS WORTHLESS
Five years ago, at the request of the U.N. Security Council, Mr. Annan determined that Israel had completely ended its occupation of Lebanon in compliance with council resolutions. The future of Shaba Farms, Mr. Annan's report at the time said, should be resolved as part of negotiations to end Israel's dispute with Syria, which involve the entire Golan Heights area. . . .
Knesset member Ephraim Sneh of the Labor Party told The New York Sun yesterday that the Labor government of Ehud Barak spent much money and effort to coordinate the 2000 withdrawal with U.N. officials. The border, which Mr. Annan later called"the Blue Line," was drawn only after maps and documents going back to the 19th century determined that Shaba Farms, known in Hebrew as Mt. Dov, had never belonged to Lebanon.
Now, Kofi Annan comes to Israel and tells Sharon that that an Israeli-held area known as Shaba Farms is"a thorn" in the region, according to a U.N. spokesman."
Why? Because the Hizballa needs an excuse to continue to hold the myth of Israeli occupation of the Sheba Farms to excuse its failure to disarm. The corrupt head of the UN knows no shame and the UN puts the wishes of terrorist organizations like Hizbala above the decent treatment of a democratic country created by the UN.
The institution is hopeless and efforts to earn its legitimacy backfire.
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian