Blogs Skipped History with Ben Tumin The 1950s Dog Dads Responsible for Voter Fraud Claims TodayNov 17, 2021
The 1950s Dog Dads Responsible for Voter Fraud Claims Today
tags: history,satire,Comedy,ben tumin,skipped history,olin foundation,john olin,bradley foundation,harry bradley
Good morning, HNN!
In the past six months, over a dozen states have passed new restrictive voting laws that favor Republicans. If you follow the money, the original source of these efforts to undermine democracy becomes clear. Cat lovers, rejoice: it all dates back to a couple of pooch-lovers...
You can also listen to the episode on Spotify and Apple Podcasts, and watch it on Instagram.
Today’s story comes from Dark Money by Jane Mayer, as well as a recent investigation of hers called “The Big Money Behind the Big Lie.”
Next season on Skipped History, beginning in March:
There’ll be Indigenous history, banking history, and the 1619 Project may make an appearance! We’ll try to get to the bottom of the question, “To what extent has the US ever really been a democracy?” while inevitably pivoting to explore the escapades of more poodles. Thanks so much for tuning in this season!
comments powered by Disqus
- House Hearings on Campus Speech Show Different Perceptions of the Problem
- Mark Russell, DC's Piano-Playing Political Satirist, Dies at 90
- Trans Texans, Fearing Violence Inspired by Legislation and Rhetoric, Look to Armed Self-Defense
- How Paris Kicked out the Cars
- Vatican Repudiates "Doctrine of Discovery" that Justified Colonialism by Catholic Nations