Does Nancy MacLean Owe Tyler Cowen An Apology? (and MacLean's Response)
Russ Roberts takes on my former classmate at the University of Wisconsin at Madison, Nancy MacLean author of Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right's Stealth Plan for America.
Truth in advertising. I had only casual contact with MacLean at UW but came to know Cowen fairly well. I also had some dealings with James Buchanan (including one group dinner with him in the 1980s!) but did not know him well.
I have ordered the book and will be giving my thoughts soon.
comments powered by Disqus
- Why Gen. Eisenhower Threatened to Quit Just Before D-Day
- Who Should Own Photos of Slaves? The Descendants, not Harvard, a Lawsuit Says
- No, Fox’s Katie Pavlich, the US Wasn’t the First to Abolish Slavery
- Boeing Brings 100 Years Of History To Its Fight To Restore Its Reputation
- Destroying Istanbul to 'Restore' It
- Medgar Evers' home established as a national monument in Jackson
- MIT Historian Kate Brown Alleges United Nations Scientific Cover-Up Of Death And Disease Toll From Chernobyl
- Atlanta’s Civil War Monument, Minus the Pro-Confederate Bunkum
- In the age of distraction, one small publisher keeps local history alive in sepia tones
- Historians Weigh In: Are we returning to an age of political extremes?