Does Nancy MacLean Owe Tyler Cowen An Apology? (and MacLean's Response)
Russ Roberts takes on my former classmate at the University of Wisconsin at Madison, Nancy MacLean author of Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right's Stealth Plan for America.
Truth in advertising. I had only casual contact with MacLean at UW but came to know Cowen fairly well. I also had some dealings with James Buchanan (including one group dinner with him in the 1980s!) but did not know him well.
I have ordered the book and will be giving my thoughts soon.
comments powered by Disqus
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- A ‘Quest for Justice’ for Murdered Civil Rights Pioneer, 52 Years Later
- Under Trump, Most Americans Lack Basic Knowledge to Understand Current Events, Study Finds
- Trump wants a military parade down Pennsylvania Avenue on July 4th
- What Happens When an Entire Campus Is Rooted in the Confederacy?
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar
- Peter Dreier calls on Americans to build monuments to liberal heroes