Does Nancy MacLean Owe Tyler Cowen An Apology? (and MacLean's Response)
Russ Roberts takes on my former classmate at the University of Wisconsin at Madison, Nancy MacLean author of Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right's Stealth Plan for America.
Truth in advertising. I had only casual contact with MacLean at UW but came to know Cowen fairly well. I also had some dealings with James Buchanan (including one group dinner with him in the 1980s!) but did not know him well.
I have ordered the book and will be giving my thoughts soon.
comments powered by Disqus
- No President Has Pardoned Himself, But Governors and A Drunk Mayor Have
- Nixon sometimes met with leaders without his own translator
- How do you memorialize fallen in a war without end?
- NYT begins new series depicting lives of people on the front lives of the civil rights movement
- "Game of Thrones" creators sell show to HBO that imagines a world in which the Confederacy won
- Historian and Novelist Thomas Fleming Has Passed Away at Age 90
- Steven Salaita, Whose Revoked Job Offer Inflamed Higher Ed, Says He’s Leaving Academe
- When did higher education become partisan?
- One reason H.R. McMaster and Trump don't have a close relationship
- Rick Perlstein joins criticism of Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains"