James Loewen discusses Confederate monuments and memorials
Confederate Monuments and Memorials James Loewen, author of Lies Across America: What Our Historic Sites Get Wrong and other works talked about new perspectives on Confederate monuments.
“Confederate Monuments: Modest Proposals” was part of the American Civil War Museum’s 2017 annual symposium, “Lightning Rods of Controversy: Civil War Monuments Past, Present, and Future.” It was co-sponsored by the John L. Nau III Center for Civil War History at the University of Virginia and The Library of Virginia.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump got history wrong in interview with NYT
- A Century-Old Abraham Lincoln Mystery May Finally Have an Answer
- Did an Israeli student steal Auschwitz artifacts for her art exhibit?
- Memorial erected at site of witch trial hangings
- Michael Beschloss says if Trump pardons himself this is worse than Watergate
- One reason H.R. McMaster and Trump don't have a close relationship
- Rick Perlstein joins criticism of Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains"
- Daniel Pipes says it’s time for the Palestinians to recognize they lost
- Wm. Theodore de Bary, Renowned Columbia Sinologist, Dies at 97
- Iran sentences Princeton history grad student to 10 years for spying