Real Jobs Outside of Academia for Historians
The History News Network recorded this video of the April 12, 2013 session "Real Jobs Outside of Academia for Historians" at the Organization of American Historians annual meeting in San Francisco, California. The speakers are Peter Sigal (Duke); Alex Soojung-Kim Pang (Future2.org); Andrew Kinney (Harvard University Press); Susan Ferber (Oxford University Press); and T. J. Stiles (freelance writer).
comments powered by Disqus
- Support grows for Smithsonian museum of women’s history
- History Lesson: How the Democrats pushed Obamacare through the Senate
- Oldest women’s college in US – Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia – seeks to atone for Ku Klux Klan’s legacy
- Ancient Egyptian Writing: New Symbols Reveal Development Of Hieroglyphics
- Dr. Suess museum chided for failing to address head-on his racist statements during WW2
- Lonnie Bunch says the nooses found at the Smithsonian recently show why black people cannot get over the past
- Andrew Bacevich bemoans the loss of authority of historians
- It’s Time for Historians of Slavery to Listen to Economists
- Researcher: "Actually, Yes It Is a Discovery If You Find Something in an Archive That No One Knew Was There."
- The Trump team is obsessing over Thucydides, the ancient historian who wrote a seminal tract on war