OAH Plenary: Freedom Struggles
The History News Network recorded this video of the April 11, 2013 plenary session at the Organization of American Historians annual meeting in San Francisco, California. Title: Freedom Struggles. The speakers are Matthew Countryman (University of Michigan); Clayborne Carson (Stanford University); Barbara Ranby (University of Illinois at Chicago); Tera W. Hunter (Princeton University); and Scott Kurashige (University of Michigan).
comments powered by Disqus
- Should a slave-era song be used as a sports UK soccer chant?
- Black Georgetown Employee Found Out the School Sold His Great-Great-Great Grandmother
- E.U. Is Turning 60 and Searching for Something to Celebrate
- The Most Controversial Psych Study Is Repeated — Same Weird Result
- A new book explores the stunning revelation that Hemingway spied for the USSR
- Christopher Lasch, the late historian/social commentator, is suddenly everywhere
- Harvard art historian’s interest in black history has roots in her grandfather’s question in high school
- Human History ‘Will End When Men Become Gods’
- Yale’s Timothy Snyder explains to Bill Maher how Trump resembles 1930s fascists — and makes the Russia connection
- China Bars Historian at Australian University From Leaving, Lawyer Says