Heather Ann Thompson: From the War on Poverty to the War on Crime ... The Rise of Punitive Policy
The History News Network recorded this vox populi with Heather Ann Thompson on April 19, 2012, at the OAH Annual Meeting in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Topic: "From the War on Poverty to the War on Crime: The Rise of Punitive Policy at the Federal, State, and Local Levels"
comments powered by Disqus
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- 75th anniversary of the World War 2 black uprising that the American public never heard about
- Longest serving governor in U.S. history to resign after confirmation as Trump's ambassador to China
- Did the First Human Ancestor Emerge in Europe, Not Africa?
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?