Heather Ann Thompson: From the War on Poverty to the War on Crime ... The Rise of Punitive Policy
The History News Network recorded this vox populi with Heather Ann Thompson on April 19, 2012, at the OAH Annual Meeting in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Topic: "From the War on Poverty to the War on Crime: The Rise of Punitive Policy at the Federal, State, and Local Levels"
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump got history wrong in interview with NYT
- A Century-Old Abraham Lincoln Mystery May Finally Have an Answer
- Did an Israeli student steal Auschwitz artifacts for her art exhibit?
- Memorial erected at site of witch trial hangings
- Michael Beschloss says if Trump pardons himself this is worse than Watergate
- One reason H.R. McMaster and Trump don't have a close relationship
- Rick Perlstein joins criticism of Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains"
- Daniel Pipes says it’s time for the Palestinians to recognize they lost
- Wm. Theodore de Bary, Renowned Columbia Sinologist, Dies at 97
- Iran sentences Princeton history grad student to 10 years for spying