Field Critique: The Republic of Nature: Rediscovering the Environmental Origins of American History
The History News Network recorded this video of the panel "Field Critique: The Republic of Nature: Rediscovering the Environmental Origins of American History." The speakers are, in order, William Cronon, Mark Fiege (the author of the book), Mary Beth Norton, Eric Foner, and Linda Gordon.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"