More Noted Things
For the latest on the Irish Republican Army/Boston College oral history scandal, see: "Called to Account," Chris Bray, 26 February; Questions over exactly who made money from the book ‘Voices from the Grave'," RTE radio, 25 February; transcript, Boston College Subpeona News, 26 February; Travis Anderson, "2 at BC profited from book based on Troubles tapes," Boston Globe, 27 February; and Ed Moloney, "RTE Exposes Shenanigans And Falsehoods At Boston College," The Broken Elbow, 28 February.
Toby Wilkinson reviews Joyce Tyldesley's Tutankhamen's Curse: The developing history of an Egyptian king for the Guardian, 24 February.
Christopher Caldwell, "Bring Out the Spanish Tickler," Literary Review, February, reviews Cullen Murphy's God's Jury: The Inquisition and the Making of the Modern World.
Richard S. Wortman, "Great Catherine's Many Dimensions," National Interest, 28 February, reviews Robert K. Massie's Catherine the Great: Portrait of a Woman.
Kathryn Hughes reviews Peter Ackroyd's Wilkie Collins for the Guardian, 22 February.
Paul Bew, "One Day in Derry," Literary Review, February, reviews Douglas Murray's Bloody Sunday: Truths, Lies and the Saville Inquiry.
Michael Korda, "Peter Caddick-Adams's Dual Biography of Rommel and Montgomery Is Doubly Good," Daily Beast, 28 February, reviews Caddick-Adams's Monty and Rommel -- Parallel Lives.
Joshua Yaffa, "The Indignity of Labor," The Book, 28 February, reviews Fyodor Vasilevich Mochulsky's Gulag Boss: A Soviet Memoir, trans. & ed. by Deborah Kaple.
Donald Rayfield, "Menace in Minsk," Literary Review, February, reviews Andrew Wilson's Belarus: The Last European Dictatorship.
Marc Parry, "A Digital Humanist Puts New Tools in the Hands of Scholars," CHE, 26 February, features GMU's Dan Cohen.
Michael Kazin, "Why Don't Liberals Write Big Books Any More?" TNR, 28 February, asks where are today's James Baldwins, Rachel Carsons, Michael Harringtons, and Jane Jacobses.
comments powered by Disqus
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Thousands Of FBI Documents About Civil Rights Era Destroyed By Flooding
- Ancient Egyptian Woman with 70 Hair Extensions Discovered
- Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'
- Conservatives press the case against the new AP framework for US history
- Who wrote the new AP US History framework? Now we know.
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead