MARCH TO WAR WITH IRAN?
My unease grows along with what appears to be a glacial march to war with Iran. The EU as just decided to slap an oil embargo on Iranian oil. No new contracts. Oil contracts to expire in July. Iran is threatening to close the Strait of Hormuz and in the meantime it is exploiting US evacuation of Iraq to further secure its control of the Southern part of the country. Hopes that the demise of the Assad regime may reawaken the down beaten Iranian populace is receding. Even a 50% drop in the value of the Iranian currency since September does not suffice. There are no good solutions and American know it. Still, questions about Iran are no where to be found amongst those posed to the debating Republican presidential candidates or President Obama.
What is the plurality of American's favorite solution? Let Israel do it and help them if necessary.
What does Obama think? I doubt if he gives the problem a single thought. He is too busy pouting about the American people's "failure" to appreciate his greatness!
Maureen Dowd reports:
Despite what his rivals say, the president and the first lady do believe in American exceptionalism — their own, and they feel overassaulted and underappreciated.
We disappointed them.
As Michelle said to Oprah in an interview she did with the president last May: “I always told the voters, the question isn’t whether Barack Obama is ready to be president. The question is whether we’re ready. And that continues to be the question we have to ask ourselves.”
I wish I could afford to laugh but living through such dangerous times with such a childish commander in chief is no joking matter. Watching his Republican rivals destroy each other is just as disheartening. It is a small wonder that Americans are searching for the best street fighter to replace Obama. Life is becoming too dangerous to rely on a civilized technocrat. Pity.
comments powered by Disqus
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Nazis in America: Richard Spencer's Visit to Florida Targets Jewish and Hispanic Students, Professors Say
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72
- Sexism in the history department at West Point alleged