MARCH TO WAR WITH IRAN?
My unease grows along with what appears to be a glacial march to war with Iran. The EU as just decided to slap an oil embargo on Iranian oil. No new contracts. Oil contracts to expire in July. Iran is threatening to close the Strait of Hormuz and in the meantime it is exploiting US evacuation of Iraq to further secure its control of the Southern part of the country. Hopes that the demise of the Assad regime may reawaken the down beaten Iranian populace is receding. Even a 50% drop in the value of the Iranian currency since September does not suffice. There are no good solutions and American know it. Still, questions about Iran are no where to be found amongst those posed to the debating Republican presidential candidates or President Obama.
What is the plurality of American's favorite solution? Let Israel do it and help them if necessary.
What does Obama think? I doubt if he gives the problem a single thought. He is too busy pouting about the American people's "failure" to appreciate his greatness!
Maureen Dowd reports:
Despite what his rivals say, the president and the first lady do believe in American exceptionalism — their own, and they feel overassaulted and underappreciated.
We disappointed them.
As Michelle said to Oprah in an interview she did with the president last May: “I always told the voters, the question isn’t whether Barack Obama is ready to be president. The question is whether we’re ready. And that continues to be the question we have to ask ourselves.”
I wish I could afford to laugh but living through such dangerous times with such a childish commander in chief is no joking matter. Watching his Republican rivals destroy each other is just as disheartening. It is a small wonder that Americans are searching for the best street fighter to replace Obama. Life is becoming too dangerous to rely on a civilized technocrat. Pity.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize