More Noted Things
Nominations are open for the Cliopatria Awards, 20ll. Until 30 November, you can nominate candidates for Best Group Blog, Best Individual Blog, Best New Blog, Best Post, Best Series of Posts, and Best Writer. This year, for the first time, there will be Awards for Best Twitter Feed and Best Podcast Episode.
Steven L. Kaplan, "The Rise of Nations," WSJ, 26 November, reviews William Rubel's Bread: A Global History.
Daisy Banks interviews "David Cannadine on the British Empire," The Browser, 28 November, for his recommendation of five essential books on the subject.
Clive Sinclair, "A Life of Davy Crockett – from Disney to revisionist biography," TLS, 28 November, reviews Michael Wallis's David Crockett: The lion of the West.
Anna Reid, "Scraping off the syrup: the Siege of Leningrad seventy years on," oD Russia, 25 November, is based on research for her new book, Leningrad: The Epic Siege of World War II, 1941-1944.
comments powered by Disqus
- Do American Indians Celebrate the 4th of July?
- Trump Vows To Veto Defense Bill If It Removes Confederate Names From Military Bases
- Fourth of July: Beer’s Patriotic Connection to the Founding Fathers
- Calls for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ to be Replaced With a New US National Anthem
- As Young People Drive Infection Spikes, College Faculty Members Fight For The Right To Teach Remotely
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing
- Did Rutgers Find The Perfect President For 2020? Meet Jonathan Holloway, Black Historian.
- In Search of King David’s Lost Empire