More Noted Things
Nominations are open for the Cliopatria Awards, 20ll. Until 30 November, you can nominate candidates for Best Group Blog, Best Individual Blog, Best New Blog, Best Post, Best Series of Posts, and Best Writer. This year, for the first time, there will be Awards for Best Twitter Feed and Best Podcast Episode.
Steven L. Kaplan, "The Rise of Nations," WSJ, 26 November, reviews William Rubel's Bread: A Global History.
Daisy Banks interviews "David Cannadine on the British Empire," The Browser, 28 November, for his recommendation of five essential books on the subject.
Clive Sinclair, "A Life of Davy Crockett – from Disney to revisionist biography," TLS, 28 November, reviews Michael Wallis's David Crockett: The lion of the West.
Anna Reid, "Scraping off the syrup: the Siege of Leningrad seventy years on," oD Russia, 25 November, is based on research for her new book, Leningrad: The Epic Siege of World War II, 1941-1944.
comments powered by Disqus
- Samuel Chase: The one Supreme Court justice who has ever been impeached
- Maryland Commission Sets Out To Investigate State's Lynching History
- How Joe Biden has Historically Played a Role in Mass Incarceration in the United States
- Crazy Horse Monument to Native American History is Built on Controversy
- William F. Buckley Jr. vs. James Baldwin: A racial showdown on the American dream