More Noted Things
Nominations are open for the Cliopatria Awards, 20ll. Until 30 November, you can nominate candidates for Best Group Blog, Best Individual Blog, Best New Blog, Best Post, Best Series of Posts, and Best Writer. This year, for the first time, there will be Awards for Best Twitter Feed and Best Podcast Episode.
Steven L. Kaplan, "The Rise of Nations," WSJ, 26 November, reviews William Rubel's Bread: A Global History.
Daisy Banks interviews "David Cannadine on the British Empire," The Browser, 28 November, for his recommendation of five essential books on the subject.
Clive Sinclair, "A Life of Davy Crockett – from Disney to revisionist biography," TLS, 28 November, reviews Michael Wallis's David Crockett: The lion of the West.
Anna Reid, "Scraping off the syrup: the Siege of Leningrad seventy years on," oD Russia, 25 November, is based on research for her new book, Leningrad: The Epic Siege of World War II, 1941-1944.
comments powered by Disqus
- History Says Bloomberg 2020 Would Be a Sure Loser
- Then and now: How Trump impeachment hearing is different
- Poland asks Netflix to make changes to documentary about Nazi death camp guard
- What is a caliph? The Islamic State tries to boost its legitimacy by hijacking a historic institution
- Russian Historian Professor, Found With Bag of Severed Arms, Admits He Killed Student
- Black Perspectives Publishes Online Forum: "Researching, Teaching, and Embodying the Black Diaspora"
- Distinguished professor, civil war historian James I. “Bud” Robertson Jr. passes away
- Noel Ignatiev, scholar who called for abolishing whiteness, dies at 78
- Historians Elizabeth Catte, Rebecca Solnit, and Peniel Joseph Quoted in Washington Post Article, "The Democrats Are Moving Left. Will America Follow?"
- When Southern Historians Made History Themselves