Boston College (Cont.): Paging the Energizer Bunny
On Monday, a federal judge gave permission for the lawyers for a pair of Belfast Project researchers to file a response to the government's response to their petition to intervene in the case. I'm giving up on background at this point, on the assumption that anyone who cares already knows it. Bottom line: in March, the federal government began trying to secure a subpoena for archival files at Boston College, and the matter is still unresolved in November. While Irish-American activists hammer away at the politics behind the request, the Department of Justice can't get the court to pull the trigger.
comments powered by Disqus
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences