Things Noted Here & There
Mike Dash, "William Shakespeare, Gangster," Past Imperfect, 7 November, takes another look at Leslie Hotson's findings in the English public records.
Mary Jo Murphy, "Beneath the Streets of London," NYT, 10 November, and Rob Verger, "What Lies Beneath," Daily Beast, 14 November, review Peter Ackroyd's London Under: The Secret History Beneath the Streets.
Matthew Price, "The End: those most loyal to Hitler doomed Germany," The National, 11 November, reviews Ian Kershaw's The End: The Defiance and Destruction of Hitler's Germany, 1944-1945.
comments powered by Disqus
- Samuel Chase: The one Supreme Court justice who has ever been impeached
- Maryland Commission Sets Out To Investigate State's Lynching History
- How Joe Biden has Historically Played a Role in Mass Incarceration in the United States
- Crazy Horse Monument to Native American History is Built on Controversy
- William F. Buckley Jr. vs. James Baldwin: A racial showdown on the American dream