20th Century Minds
Sophie Ratcliffe reviews PG Wodehouse: A Life in Letters for the Guardian, 4 November.
Michael Kimmage, "Lionel Trilling's Life of the Mind," NYT, 3 November, reviews Adam Kirsch's Why Trilling Matters.
Jon Wiener, "The Age of Revolution," LARB, 4 November, reviews Eric Hobsbawm's How to Change the World: Reflections on Marx and Marxism.
Janet Maslin, "Vonnegut in All His Complexity," NYT, 2 November, reviews Charles J. Shields's And So It Goes. Kurt Vonnegut: A Life.
William McKeen, "Inside ‘The Rum Diary'," Daily Beast, 4 November, looks at Hunter S. Thompson's "Hemingway fixation" and his novel's "dark underbelly."
Lloyd Rose reviews Nell Casey, ed., The Journals of Spalding Gray for the Washington Post, 4 November.
comments powered by Disqus
- The History Behind Hong Kong's Ongoing Protests
- The last time a ‘Tanker War’ broke out in the Persian Gulf, it lasted for years
- Clarence Thomas says a Smithsonian exhibit about him is wrong. (It’s not.)
- Will Apollo Nostalgia Help NASA Get Its Artemis Moon Money?
- America's M4 Sherman Tank: World War II Wonder Weapon or Blunder Weapon?
- How Accurate is HBO's Chernobyl? Experts Weigh In
- Anthony Price, British author of thrillers with deep links to history, dies at 90
- Students and Parents Push for Better Textbooks to Help Fight Hate and Stereotypes
- CSIS destroyed secret file on Pierre Trudeau, stunning historians
- Truman Library Announces $25 Million Transformation