20th Century Minds
Sophie Ratcliffe reviews PG Wodehouse: A Life in Letters for the Guardian, 4 November.
Michael Kimmage, "Lionel Trilling's Life of the Mind," NYT, 3 November, reviews Adam Kirsch's Why Trilling Matters.
Jon Wiener, "The Age of Revolution," LARB, 4 November, reviews Eric Hobsbawm's How to Change the World: Reflections on Marx and Marxism.
Janet Maslin, "Vonnegut in All His Complexity," NYT, 2 November, reviews Charles J. Shields's And So It Goes. Kurt Vonnegut: A Life.
William McKeen, "Inside ‘The Rum Diary'," Daily Beast, 4 November, looks at Hunter S. Thompson's "Hemingway fixation" and his novel's "dark underbelly."
Lloyd Rose reviews Nell Casey, ed., The Journals of Spalding Gray for the Washington Post, 4 November.
comments powered by Disqus
- Do American Indians Celebrate the 4th of July?
- Trump Vows To Veto Defense Bill If It Removes Confederate Names From Military Bases
- Fourth of July: Beer’s Patriotic Connection to the Founding Fathers
- Calls for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ to be Replaced With a New US National Anthem
- As Young People Drive Infection Spikes, College Faculty Members Fight For The Right To Teach Remotely
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing
- Did Rutgers Find The Perfect President For 2020? Meet Jonathan Holloway, Black Historian.
- In Search of King David’s Lost Empire