Brendan O’Neill: The Implosion of 'Mission Impossible'
comments powered by Disqus
Keith Halderman - 8/16/2005
I especially liked the opening lines,"Remember when President George W Bush used to say things like 'You're either with us or against us in the fight against terror'? When he declared, in 2003, that events of the previous two years had set before us 'the clearest of divides - between those who seek order and those who spread chaos'?", because it raises the question, is there more chaos in Iraq now or before we invaded?
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)