Brendan O’Neill: The Implosion of 'Mission Impossible'
comments powered by Disqus
Keith Halderman - 8/16/2005
I especially liked the opening lines,"Remember when President George W Bush used to say things like 'You're either with us or against us in the fight against terror'? When he declared, in 2003, that events of the previous two years had set before us 'the clearest of divides - between those who seek order and those who spread chaos'?", because it raises the question, is there more chaos in Iraq now or before we invaded?
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean