I want to tell the soldiers and police, you face a difficult mission. You do not face an enemy, but brothers and sisters. Sensitivity and patience are the order of the hour. I am sure that is how you will act. I want you to know the people stand behind you and are proud of you.
Seth says it best.
comments powered by Disqus
Seth H Chalmer - 8/15/2005
Sharon says "we are one people, even when fighting and arguing." It would be easy to follow that with the old cliche about two Jews, three opinions, but this is different. This is no bickering discussion over dinner. This is extremely painful. And even though I support this disengagement, seeing photos of weeping soldiers and settlers in Ha'Aretz today broke my heart.
I would also like to point out that when the Israelis "fight and argue", it is in marked contrast to Palestinian infighting, which takes the form of machine-gun bullets and grenades, as when the PA recently clashed with Hamas.
With this disengagement, the supposedly Right-wing Sharon has won this Lefty's admiration.
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum