I want to tell the soldiers and police, you face a difficult mission. You do not face an enemy, but brothers and sisters. Sensitivity and patience are the order of the hour. I am sure that is how you will act. I want you to know the people stand behind you and are proud of you.
Seth says it best.
comments powered by Disqus
Seth H Chalmer - 8/15/2005
Sharon says "we are one people, even when fighting and arguing." It would be easy to follow that with the old cliche about two Jews, three opinions, but this is different. This is no bickering discussion over dinner. This is extremely painful. And even though I support this disengagement, seeing photos of weeping soldiers and settlers in Ha'Aretz today broke my heart.
I would also like to point out that when the Israelis "fight and argue", it is in marked contrast to Palestinian infighting, which takes the form of machine-gun bullets and grenades, as when the PA recently clashed with Hamas.
With this disengagement, the supposedly Right-wing Sharon has won this Lefty's admiration.
- Artist Corrects Inaccuracies At The George W. Bush Library With Augmented Reality
- “Unprecedented” discovery of mysterious structures created by Neanderthals
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize
- Michael Cohen explains why he calls his book on 1968 “American Malestrom"
- Fredrik Logevall on Obama's Legacy