I want to tell the soldiers and police, you face a difficult mission. You do not face an enemy, but brothers and sisters. Sensitivity and patience are the order of the hour. I am sure that is how you will act. I want you to know the people stand behind you and are proud of you.
Seth says it best.
comments powered by Disqus
Seth H Chalmer - 8/15/2005
Sharon says "we are one people, even when fighting and arguing." It would be easy to follow that with the old cliche about two Jews, three opinions, but this is different. This is no bickering discussion over dinner. This is extremely painful. And even though I support this disengagement, seeing photos of weeping soldiers and settlers in Ha'Aretz today broke my heart.
I would also like to point out that when the Israelis "fight and argue", it is in marked contrast to Palestinian infighting, which takes the form of machine-gun bullets and grenades, as when the PA recently clashed with Hamas.
With this disengagement, the supposedly Right-wing Sharon has won this Lefty's admiration.
- Ken Burns argues that Vietnam is to blame for much of our current alienation and polarization
- Ilan Pappe says Israel Is Not a Democracy
- Drew Gilpin Faust discusses free speech in Harvard commencement address (video)
- Military Journalist Calls on General McMaster to Step Down—And Let Trump Be Trump
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election