I want to tell the soldiers and police, you face a difficult mission. You do not face an enemy, but brothers and sisters. Sensitivity and patience are the order of the hour. I am sure that is how you will act. I want you to know the people stand behind you and are proud of you.
Seth says it best.
comments powered by Disqus
Seth H Chalmer - 8/15/2005
Sharon says "we are one people, even when fighting and arguing." It would be easy to follow that with the old cliche about two Jews, three opinions, but this is different. This is no bickering discussion over dinner. This is extremely painful. And even though I support this disengagement, seeing photos of weeping soldiers and settlers in Ha'Aretz today broke my heart.
I would also like to point out that when the Israelis "fight and argue", it is in marked contrast to Palestinian infighting, which takes the form of machine-gun bullets and grenades, as when the PA recently clashed with Hamas.
With this disengagement, the supposedly Right-wing Sharon has won this Lefty's admiration.
- This New York Times ‘Hitler’ book review sure reads like a thinly veiled Trump comparison
- Chicago Tribune editorial: The government should release secret grand jury testimony about its 1942 scoop: "Jap Plan to Strike at Sea"
- US owes blacks reparations over slavery: UN experts
- Mali Islamist jailed for nine years for Timbuktu shrine attacks
- Poland wrestles with its past — and present
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools
- Annette Gordon-Reed tells historians the controversy over Harvard law school's shield is different from the fight over the Confederate flag
- Historian EP Thompson denounced Communist party chiefs, files show
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017