Obama Likes Ike: Sort of
In the afterglow of his 2008 victory, commentators portrayed Obama as the new FDR. Now, he is half-heartedly comparing himself to Ike. In his speech on the debt agreement, Obama made the astounding statement that it will reduce domestic spending to levels not seen since Eisenhower was in the oval office. Over at the American Thinker, Greg Richards finds no basis for this claim.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history