Bernanke vs. Friedman in THE INDEPENDENT REVIEW
I haven't posted to Liberty and Power since last March. Among other factors, wrapping up a busy teaching semester, followed by summer vacationing, as well as adapting to this blogs new format all played a role. Consequently, some of my posts will involve catching up. Let me start by reporting that my article "Ben Bernanke Versus Milton Friedman: The Federal Reserve's Emergence as the U.S. Economy's Central Planner," appeared in the Spring 2011 issue of The Independent Review.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Memorial Where Slavery Is Real
- Thomas Piketty accuses Germany of forgetting history as it lectures Greece
- Greek ‘No’ May Have Its Roots in Heroic Myths and Real Resistance
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Historian: "I don’t want my students to simply choose sides in a polemic between heritage and hate"
- Harvard’s Nancy Cott says the conservatives in the gay marriage case have a stilted idea of the history of marriage
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.