An Open Letter to Senator Barbra Mikulski
I sent Senator Mikulski a message in support of Ron Paul and Barney Frank's bill to legalize marijuana at the federal level and she replied "I'm against legalization of marijuana." My response is below:
Dear Senator Mikulski
If you are against the legalization of marijuana then you are for wasting 40 billion dollars a year persecuting people who choose to use it rather than alcohol or prescription drugs with suicide warnings on the label. Those who talk about the harms of marijuana are all people who benefit from this persecution. Your statement here shows you to be an ignorant selfish arrogant woman that knows absolutely nothing about marijuana. Like most politicians you know about one thing and one thing only, lying your way into office. The reason you want to keep persecuting people who make the perfectly rational decision to use marijuana is not to protect them from anything but rather because you selfishly think that this stand will help keep you in office. Never mind the police violence your position encourages. Never mind the families you break up, the children you deny parents Never mind the employers that you cause to lose valuable workers. Never mind the brutal treatment of marijuana users in prison who unlike you do not commit or constantly sanction violence. Never mind the enormous expense you burden the taxpayers with. Never mind the fact that case against marijuana is built upon one lie after another refuted by one commission report after another. No, you do what you believe is best for yourself screw the rest of us that is what is important right?
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"