An Open Letter to Representative Chris Van Hollen
Osama Bin Laden is dead but he can still prevail in his struggle against the American people. His goal all along has been to bankrupt the United States and he came closer to his objective then any American, especially a congressman, should be comfortable with and he could still succeed. Members of the House of Representatives who vote to raise the debt ceiling will be serving Osama Bin Laden’s purpose.
Anyone who has gotten into trouble with debt and then come out of it knows that the absolutely imperative first step is to STOP BORROWING MORE MONEY. I am a constituent and you do not just represent the Democrats in your district or just the people who agree with you in. You represent everyone and therefore I am your boss. I have a specific instruction, under no circumstances vote to increase the debt ceiling. If you fail to follow this directive you will betray not only me but the American people, their children and their children’s children. Each child born today already owes in excess of $30,000 and it is immoral as well as unforgivable to increase this burden, which promises to follow them throughout their lives.
There are those who say we have to raise the debt limit, otherwise the United States will default on its financial obligations and they are bald faced liars. It does not take a Ph.D. in economics just the ability to compare two numbers to see this assertion for the despicable scare tactic that it is.. If Congress does the only rational thing by telling the President no you cannot mortgage the country’s future any further and the United States subsequently defaults on its debt that will be a choice made by Barack Obama. He and he alone will bear the responsibility for the consequences.
comments powered by Disqus
- Jesse Jackson: It’s ok to leave Confederate monuments in place, but tell the full story
- Taiwan Commemorates a Violent Nationalist Episode, 70 Years Later
- As Albania Reckons With Its Communist Past, Critics Say It’s Too Late
- Previously untouched 600BC palace discovered under shrine demolished by Isil in Mosul
- Slate reveals that despite our apology, nothing’s been done to help Guatemalans infected in an experiment worse than Tuskegee
- James Oliver Horton remembered as a pioneer for African American research
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser
- Fareed Zakaria hails historian Nigel Hamilton’s series as the memoir FDR never had the opportunity to write
- French Historian Says He Was Threatened With Deportation at Houston Airport