An Open Letter to Representative Chris Van Hollen
Osama Bin Laden is dead but he can still prevail in his struggle against the American people. His goal all along has been to bankrupt the United States and he came closer to his objective then any American, especially a congressman, should be comfortable with and he could still succeed. Members of the House of Representatives who vote to raise the debt ceiling will be serving Osama Bin Laden’s purpose.
Anyone who has gotten into trouble with debt and then come out of it knows that the absolutely imperative first step is to STOP BORROWING MORE MONEY. I am a constituent and you do not just represent the Democrats in your district or just the people who agree with you in. You represent everyone and therefore I am your boss. I have a specific instruction, under no circumstances vote to increase the debt ceiling. If you fail to follow this directive you will betray not only me but the American people, their children and their children’s children. Each child born today already owes in excess of $30,000 and it is immoral as well as unforgivable to increase this burden, which promises to follow them throughout their lives.
There are those who say we have to raise the debt limit, otherwise the United States will default on its financial obligations and they are bald faced liars. It does not take a Ph.D. in economics just the ability to compare two numbers to see this assertion for the despicable scare tactic that it is.. If Congress does the only rational thing by telling the President no you cannot mortgage the country’s future any further and the United States subsequently defaults on its debt that will be a choice made by Barack Obama. He and he alone will bear the responsibility for the consequences.
comments powered by Disqus
- Kissinger Memo from 1972: Make the North Vietnamese think Nixon and I are crazy
- How Much U.S. History Do Americans Actually Know? Less Than You Think.
- Ice cream cone named after Adolf Hitler on sale in India sparks anger in Germany
- Isis Palmyra demolition has begun with ancient God Lion statue destroyed
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize