Underage Drinking and Zero Tolerance
This is my first hit on the WaPo op-ed page, so I'm kinda ' jazzed.
comments powered by Disqus
Steven Horwitz - 8/9/2005
A good column indeed and I strongly agree with the general thrust of it. I do have one caveat though. You equate "adult supervision" with "taking the car keys." Taking the keys is, of course, crucial, but alcohol can injure and kill even without a car involved. I would hope that parents doing the "supervising" are also making sure that kids are not engaging in high-risk forms of drinking that can and do lead to hospitalization and death.
I'm ALL for parents allowing, if not encouraging, the responsible use of alcohol by teenagers (the current law is ridiculous), but preventing them from driving is not the only form of responsibility needed.
Keith Halderman - 8/9/2005
Excellent column, I could not agree with you more. I think America would be a much better place to live if the police were more like Andy Taylor instead of the armed and vicious nannies that we have now.
David T. Beito - 8/9/2005
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history