JEWS ARE LOW HANGING FRUIT AGAIN
Alex Joffe summarizes the Archeology War on Jerusalem's Jewish origins
When Jordan or the Ottoman empire controlled Jerusalem, the attention paid by the outside world, even to well-documented instances of anti-Christian persecution, was intermittent at best. Now, thanks to the city's elevation as the Muslim cause célèbre, nothing goes unnoticed. And therein may lie the explanation for the latest, unrestrained alarm of ISESCO and its scholars.
As recent archeological expeditions in Jerusalem expose more and more evidence of an ancient Jewish presence in the city, the worst fears of these scholars threaten to materialize. To protect their own investment in decades of official denial, they are acting quickly to mobilize the Islamic and Western worlds to help shut it all down.
Yes, the Jews have once again become low hanging fruit and not only in Israel. The latest FBI statistics reveal that"of the 1,575 victims of an anti-religious hate crime:"
71.9 percent were victims because of an offender’s anti-Jewish bias.
8.4 percent were victims because of an anti-Islamic bias.
Whose civil rights is the Senate concerned about? Muslims! At least Democratic Senator Durbin is. I am glad to report that not all senators are as logically challenged as Republican Senator Kyl demonstrates:
Today's Senate hearing, led by Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin (Ill.), is the first in Congress to explore Muslim civil rights. It is intended to show that most Muslim Americans"are patriotic, law abiding people who simply want to live their life as we do," Durbin said today.
Republican Sen. Jon Kyl (Ariz.), however, questioned the need for the hearing and suggested one of the groups testifying could do more to cooperate with the government.
"I'm a bit perplexed by the focus" of the hearing, Kyl said, in light of the fact that most religious hate crimes in the United States are committed against Jews.
"The point is, all bigotry is to be condemned," Kyl said."Selective indignation is not helpful."
Perhaps not but I could not wonder why no one called for hearings about the reasons Jews are the victims of such a disproportionate number of anti-religious crimes. It was taken as par for the course and, merely used to point out the absurdity of Muslim Islamophobia claims. Nor is the tenor of the comments on the story any different. When two giants are fighting, the dwarf better be prepared to hide. Thank God, Israel provides Jews with such a place. Perhaps, that is the reason Antisemites hate it so.
comments powered by Disqus
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- In Hiroshima 71 years after first atomic strike, Obama calls for end of nuclear weapons
- Artist Corrects Inaccuracies At The George W. Bush Library With Augmented Reality
- “Unprecedented” discovery of mysterious structures created by Neanderthals
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize