Juan Cole at UA Tonight on Liberty and Power In the Middle East
Juan Cole, the great historian and the author of the"to go to" blog on the contemporary Middle East, Informed Comment, will speak tonight at the University of Alabama on the timely topic of"Liberty, Power, and Dictatorship: U.S. Foreign Policy in the Middle East."
His speech, which is the most recent installment of the Liberty and Power Lectures at UA, is open to the public and will be in 205 Smith Hall.
If you need more information, call me at 205-454-6759.
comments powered by Disqus
Lawrence Brooks Hughes - 3/21/2011
Juan Cole has drawn all the wrong conclusions about events in the Middle East over the past decade, yet you are calling him "great" and advertising his talk. We see this over and over again in current events, as people continue consulting the same politicians and journalists and academics who have never gotten anything right in the past.
- Moving Photographs of Japanese American Internees, Then and Now
- A One-of-a-Kind Trove Reveals What 19th-Century American Boyhood Was Really Like
- St. Louis University moves controversial statue after protests
- UNC Renames Building That Honored Ku Klux Klan Leader
- A Wartime Bomb, Unearthed in Germany, Recalls Darker Days
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize