Juan Cole at UA Tonight on Liberty and Power In the Middle East
Juan Cole, the great historian and the author of the"to go to" blog on the contemporary Middle East, Informed Comment, will speak tonight at the University of Alabama on the timely topic of"Liberty, Power, and Dictatorship: U.S. Foreign Policy in the Middle East."
His speech, which is the most recent installment of the Liberty and Power Lectures at UA, is open to the public and will be in 205 Smith Hall.
If you need more information, call me at 205-454-6759.
comments powered by Disqus
Lawrence Brooks Hughes - 3/21/2011
Juan Cole has drawn all the wrong conclusions about events in the Middle East over the past decade, yet you are calling him "great" and advertising his talk. We see this over and over again in current events, as people continue consulting the same politicians and journalists and academics who have never gotten anything right in the past.
- Frontline does Trump & Clinton
- This New York Times ‘Hitler’ book review sure reads like a thinly veiled Trump comparison
- Chicago Tribune editorial: The government should release secret grand jury testimony about its 1942 scoop: "Jap Plan to Strike at Sea"
- US owes blacks reparations over slavery: UN experts
- Mali Islamist jailed for nine years for Timbuktu shrine attacks
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools
- Annette Gordon-Reed tells historians the controversy over Harvard law school's shield is different from the fight over the Confederate flag
- Historian EP Thompson denounced Communist party chiefs, files show
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017