Juan Cole at UA Tonight on Liberty and Power In the Middle East
Juan Cole, the great historian and the author of the"to go to" blog on the contemporary Middle East, Informed Comment, will speak tonight at the University of Alabama on the timely topic of"Liberty, Power, and Dictatorship: U.S. Foreign Policy in the Middle East."
His speech, which is the most recent installment of the Liberty and Power Lectures at UA, is open to the public and will be in 205 Smith Hall.
If you need more information, call me at 205-454-6759.
comments powered by Disqus
Lawrence Brooks Hughes - 3/21/2011
Juan Cole has drawn all the wrong conclusions about events in the Middle East over the past decade, yet you are calling him "great" and advertising his talk. We see this over and over again in current events, as people continue consulting the same politicians and journalists and academics who have never gotten anything right in the past.
- Stanford historian uncovers the dark roots of humanitarianism
- Historian hailed for offering a history of the culture wars
- Scholars to set the West straight about "Apocalyptic Hopes, Millennial Dreams and Global Jihad"
- Why Eugene Genovese’s 2 sentences about Vietnam went viral in 1965
- Historians named to the 2015 class of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences