Why Are Spanish Authorities Using Such a Heavy Hand against a Small Religious Group?
Martín, who has followed this story for some time, is seeking to bring greater public scrutiny to the matter, which on its face appears to involve oppressive state action against inoffensive people who have violated no one’s rights and who seek only to live in peace according to their religious convictions. The group has recently established a website, although at present the site has little content and not all of the materials posted there have been translated into English. The website is available at http://www.congregaciondelolivo.com/en/persecucion_sec_8.html.
If the authorities have acted as heavy-handedly as they appear to have acted, then it would serve the cause of justice if publicity were brought to bear on their actions and efforts were made to ensure that the Congregación del Olivo receives the just treatment to which all persons are entitled.
comments powered by Disqus
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide