PALIN RESPONDS TO PUNDIT MASS VILIFICATION
Personally, I, if not MSM, found President Obama's references to Republican voters as "enemies" and to their representatives as "hostage takers" despicable. After all, he is supposed to be also the president of Republicans. The metaphors he used as a candidate were even worse. See, Obama: ‘If They Bring a Knife to the Fight, We Bring a Gun’
Hopefully, he will say nothing about civil speech when he leads the memorial service in Tuscan.
comments powered by Disqus
Judith Apter Klinghoffer - 1/12/2011
Bush was vilified for talking disrespectfully about US enemies. Obama gets away for demeaning political rivals. Personally, I despise all using military language for non military matters. War on poverty. War on cancer. War on drugs. War is hell and, therefore, should be engage in only as a last resort. Unfortunately, "war" talk is everywhere. Singling out Palin's metaphors is vilification.
michael c bagge - 1/12/2011
really, vilification? Palin herself described the crosshairs as crosshairs and what are crosshairs used for??
those who live by gun rhetoric have some responsibility for their own contribution to a violent culture. Palin, as a politician, was done when she quit half way through being governor. All she is fit for now is being a TV reality show "star".
and for those who value history as a discipline, the use of "blood libel" by her should be enough to show who and what she is: a garden variety American antisemitic fear mongerer.
If you cant understand that, history is just rhetoric for cheap political uses.
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize