PALIN RESPONDS TO PUNDIT MASS VILIFICATION
Personally, I, if not MSM, found President Obama's references to Republican voters as "enemies" and to their representatives as "hostage takers" despicable. After all, he is supposed to be also the president of Republicans. The metaphors he used as a candidate were even worse. See, Obama: ‘If They Bring a Knife to the Fight, We Bring a Gun’
Hopefully, he will say nothing about civil speech when he leads the memorial service in Tuscan.
comments powered by Disqus
Judith Apter Klinghoffer - 1/12/2011
Bush was vilified for talking disrespectfully about US enemies. Obama gets away for demeaning political rivals. Personally, I despise all using military language for non military matters. War on poverty. War on cancer. War on drugs. War is hell and, therefore, should be engage in only as a last resort. Unfortunately, "war" talk is everywhere. Singling out Palin's metaphors is vilification.
michael c bagge - 1/12/2011
really, vilification? Palin herself described the crosshairs as crosshairs and what are crosshairs used for??
those who live by gun rhetoric have some responsibility for their own contribution to a violent culture. Palin, as a politician, was done when she quit half way through being governor. All she is fit for now is being a TV reality show "star".
and for those who value history as a discipline, the use of "blood libel" by her should be enough to show who and what she is: a garden variety American antisemitic fear mongerer.
If you cant understand that, history is just rhetoric for cheap political uses.
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Stephen F. Cohen continuing his lonely campaign to stop the media from "Kremlin-Baiting President Trump”
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize