Single Payer Lunacy
Yet there are people who believe the United States government should be responsible for their medical expenses. The advocates of a single payer health care system say an organization that owes its own social security trust fund 1,5 trillion dollars, an organization maintaining a 2.5 million member military with 737 bases worldwide, an organization whose deficit for just 2009 added up to 1.84 trillion dollars, an organization already more than 14 trillion dollars in the red which will probably get permission to borrow even more trillions shortly will have enough funds to take good care of all of our nation’s sick from now and into the future.
One person who has the irrational faith in government’s ability to provide quality health services for all is newly elected governor of Vermont, Peter Shumlin. He intends to put his belief into practice despite the fact that his state is already the ninth most debt ridden one in America with each resident now owing more than 5,400 dollars. If Shumlin succeeds that will be very bad for the people of Vermont but it could be good for the rest of us. Perhaps a concrete example of governmental efficiency, thrift, fairness, and compassion applied to a comprehensive and exclusive statewide medical care system will do much to dispel the current widespread single payer lunacy.
Hat tip to Kenny Rodgers.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump Holds Wide Lead in South Carolina
- An All-or-Nothing Fight for the Supreme Court
- Did Trump Really Lose the Debate?
- Scalia’s Death Sets Off Epic Battle
- Democrats See Gift in GOP Blocking Court Nominee
- Quote of the Day
- The Nastiest GOP Debate
- Reaction to the Republican Debate
- The GOP Presidential Debate
- How Clinton Could Respond on Supreme Court Vacancy
- Trump and Clinton Way Ahead in South Carolina
- McConnell Says Senate Will Wait to Replace Scalia
- Antonin Scalia Is Dead
- Clinton Says Sanders Would Be Threat to Obama Legacy
- Internal Tracker Shows Trump Leading in South Carolina
- Ben Carson used an apparently fake Joseph Stalin quote — and the Internet loved it
- Rubio exaggerates in saying it's been 80 years since a 'lame duck' made a Supreme Court nomination
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges