Can You Identify These Libertarian Anti-Draft Protestors?
This fascinating photo is on the website of the Wisconsin Historical Society.
Here is the caption: "Students for a Libertarian Society march on State Street and burn their selective service registration cards in an anti-draft protest."
Although I was active in the UW-Madison SLS chapter at the time, and participated in one anti-draft march there, I don't remember the people in the photo.
I am not even sure that the picture is from 1981. It could have been a year or two earlier (when I was attending the University of Minnesota). Can anyone help me fill in the blanks?
By the way, anyone who has documents related to Students for Libertarian Society for any part of the country, I urge you to donate them to the Wisconsin Historical Society collection for that organization. Here is the inventory.
comments powered by Disqus
C.J. Maloney - 12/29/2010
David, if you took to college with the right attitude you'd have nothing but blurry memories anyhow! Happy New Year!
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"