Can You Identify These Libertarian Anti-Draft Protestors?
This fascinating photo is on the website of the Wisconsin Historical Society.
Here is the caption: "Students for a Libertarian Society march on State Street and burn their selective service registration cards in an anti-draft protest."
Although I was active in the UW-Madison SLS chapter at the time, and participated in one anti-draft march there, I don't remember the people in the photo.
I am not even sure that the picture is from 1981. It could have been a year or two earlier (when I was attending the University of Minnesota). Can anyone help me fill in the blanks?
By the way, anyone who has documents related to Students for Libertarian Society for any part of the country, I urge you to donate them to the Wisconsin Historical Society collection for that organization. Here is the inventory.
comments powered by Disqus
C.J. Maloney - 12/29/2010
David, if you took to college with the right attitude you'd have nothing but blurry memories anyhow! Happy New Year!
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Mary Beard, herself a bestselling author, wonders why more women historians aren't
- Princeton U. historian Imani Perry claims mistreatment in parking ticket arrest
- Retired historian George Dennison remains on the payroll at the U. of Montana while faculty are cut
- The Atlantic profiles exciting ways to teach history
- LDS Church has gone from 0 to 4 historians specializing in women’s history