Can You Identify These Libertarian Anti-Draft Protestors?
This fascinating photo is on the website of the Wisconsin Historical Society.
Here is the caption: "Students for a Libertarian Society march on State Street and burn their selective service registration cards in an anti-draft protest."
Although I was active in the UW-Madison SLS chapter at the time, and participated in one anti-draft march there, I don't remember the people in the photo.
I am not even sure that the picture is from 1981. It could have been a year or two earlier (when I was attending the University of Minnesota). Can anyone help me fill in the blanks?
By the way, anyone who has documents related to Students for Libertarian Society for any part of the country, I urge you to donate them to the Wisconsin Historical Society collection for that organization. Here is the inventory.
comments powered by Disqus
C.J. Maloney - 12/29/2010
David, if you took to college with the right attitude you'd have nothing but blurry memories anyhow! Happy New Year!
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond