Hmm - Steve Horwitz must be on vacation: I would have expected him to blog a happy birthday greeting to Geddy Lee - not to worry Steve, I'm on it. ;-)
comments powered by Disqus
Kenneth R Gregg - 7/31/2005
I read "American Gods" about a year and a half ago. I thought it was very well done, with a good sense of the mythic nature of his characters. I did not like his preparatory comments about turning his stories into movies, how awed his editors were, etc. Authors tend to have egos, more than not, rather large egos, and Gaiman's incessant bragging almost had me toss the book away before I read the novel.
There are many excellent writers in this vein, and I have preferred Theordore Sturgeon to most. But then, I've usually preferred short stories.
Steven Horwitz - 7/30/2005
Nah, I'm here Aeon, just a day slow. Happy birthday to Geddy indeed. As my friends on Usenet were saying yesterday "Have a happy birthday. Celebrate well. Then get your bony ass back in the studio, will ya?!"
Jonathan Dresner - 7/30/2005
Actually, if I had to rank Gaiman's novels, I'd put Neverwhere at the top. But that's just me. Don't get me started on Gaiman: he's got my number, he knows my buttons, and he's damn good at it. I'm an unabashed fan.
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity