INTERFAITH CHRISTMAS/HANUKKAH MUSIC
The melody for the quintessential Hannukah song - Maoz Tsur (Rock of Ages)is taken from a German folk song first utilized by Luther.
Woody Gutheri also wrote some Hannukah songs:
And now Senator Oren Hatch hit the jackpot.
I cannot imagine any downside to this type of interfaith collaboration. Still, Jews who write Christmas songs emphasize its non religious aspects. To honor my Christian friends who like to emphasize the religious one, here is this year's Cinderella - the number on record seller in both Britain and the US in a song not written by Jews.
comments powered by Disqus
- Previously untouched 600BC palace discovered under shrine demolished by Isil in Mosul
- Slate reveals that despite our apology, nothing’s been done to help Guatemalans infected in an experiment worse than Tuskegee
- Russian government website notes that game maker has sent “Secret Hitler” to every US senator
- Scholars debate the future of NATO
- Trump, Putin, and the New Cold War
- James Oliver Horton remembered as a pioneer for African American research
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser
- Fareed Zakaria hails historian Nigel Hamilton’s series as the memoir FDR never had the opportunity to write
- French Historian Says He Was Threatened With Deportation at Houston Airport