INTERFAITH CHRISTMAS/HANUKKAH MUSIC
The melody for the quintessential Hannukah song - Maoz Tsur (Rock of Ages)is taken from a German folk song first utilized by Luther.
Woody Gutheri also wrote some Hannukah songs:
And now Senator Oren Hatch hit the jackpot.
I cannot imagine any downside to this type of interfaith collaboration. Still, Jews who write Christmas songs emphasize its non religious aspects. To honor my Christian friends who like to emphasize the religious one, here is this year's Cinderella - the number on record seller in both Britain and the US in a song not written by Jews.
comments powered by Disqus
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed
- Female World War II Pilots Can Now Have Their Ashes at Arlington National Cemetery
- Obama Signs Bill Removing ‘Negro,’ ‘Oriental’ from Federal Laws
- ISIS Destroys Ancient Adad & Mashki Gates in Nineveh, Iraq
- Geographical names with “Jim Crow” are history in this state
- Timothy Garton Ash Puts Forth a Free-Speech Manifesto
- Iowa historian makes independent bid for US Senate
- British feminist historian declines prestigious Israeli award following BDS pressure
- Robert W. Gutman, Biographer of Wagner and Mozart, Dies at 90