INTERFAITH CHRISTMAS/HANUKKAH MUSIC
The melody for the quintessential Hannukah song - Maoz Tsur (Rock of Ages)is taken from a German folk song first utilized by Luther.
Woody Gutheri also wrote some Hannukah songs:
And now Senator Oren Hatch hit the jackpot.
I cannot imagine any downside to this type of interfaith collaboration. Still, Jews who write Christmas songs emphasize its non religious aspects. To honor my Christian friends who like to emphasize the religious one, here is this year's Cinderella - the number on record seller in both Britain and the US in a song not written by Jews.
comments powered by Disqus
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades