OLD + FAT = HAPPY
The answer amounts to little more than a confirmation of American philosopher William James's pithy observation:
How pleasant is the day when we give up striving to be young—or slender.
Indeed, striving may be the central concept. It also explains the reason citizens living in countries that place a very high premium of social equality (such as Denmark) seem happiest.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools