OLD + FAT = HAPPY
The answer amounts to little more than a confirmation of American philosopher William James's pithy observation:
How pleasant is the day when we give up striving to be young—or slender.
Indeed, striving may be the central concept. It also explains the reason citizens living in countries that place a very high premium of social equality (such as Denmark) seem happiest.
comments powered by Disqus
- Niall Ferguson says it's no surprise Trump's so popular
- Howard Zinn group backs move to "Abolish Columbus Day"
- Ted Widmer appointed director of John W. Kluge Center
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools