OLD + FAT = HAPPY
The answer amounts to little more than a confirmation of American philosopher William James's pithy observation:
How pleasant is the day when we give up striving to be young—or slender.
Indeed, striving may be the central concept. It also explains the reason citizens living in countries that place a very high premium of social equality (such as Denmark) seem happiest.
comments powered by Disqus
- U.S. Planned for Military Occupation of Cuba
- New picture emerges of Mata Hari, who faced firing squad 100 years ago
- Massive section of Western Wall and Roman theater uncovered after 1,700 years
- Fight over national monuments intensifies
- Martin Luther: Reluctant reformer who rocked Christianity 500 years ago
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz