OLD + FAT = HAPPY
The answer amounts to little more than a confirmation of American philosopher William James's pithy observation:
How pleasant is the day when we give up striving to be young—or slender.
Indeed, striving may be the central concept. It also explains the reason citizens living in countries that place a very high premium of social equality (such as Denmark) seem happiest.
comments powered by Disqus
- In a Walt Whitman Novel, Lost for 165 Years, Clues to ‘Leaves of Grass’
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Hitler's phone, 'the most destructive 'weapon' of all time,' sold for $243,000
- NYT features fascinating story about Ford’s fantasyland in Brazil
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans