HONOR KILLINGS AND DANISH SPEECH LAWS
Danish MP, Jesper Langballe, pleaded guilty of Muslim defamation. He wrote that he wanted to focus attention on the violent abuse of women in Muslim families but the Danish law focuses on the consequences of the criticism or hate speech rather than on validity of the observation. The issue of honor killing or more appropriately, dishonor murder, has been getting recent attention in Europe and rightly so.
As Langballe points out:
In Denmark there is an average of approximately one honour killing per year. In Turkey there is an average of one a day according to the Turkish authorities' statistics.
It is getting even more vicious: How to Avoid Honor Killing in Turkey? Honor Suicide Victims forced to do it themselves.
The WP reports:
The United Nations reported that as many as 5,000 women and girls worldwide were killed last year by family members,"many of them for the 'dishonor' of having been raped."
While many of the countries experiencing the surge in honor crimes are predominantly Muslim, such as Turkey, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Egypt and Jordan, incidents are also increasing in nations as disparate as Brazil, Italy, Uganda and Britain, the United Nations found.
Just yesterday, this reports from Pakistan, Two sisters murdered in honor"Accused Mumtaz shot dead his two cousins 16-year-old Nadra and Khursheer, 18 in honor killing."
Unfortunately, fear of being charged with Islamophibia and loyalty to the leftist coalition keeps most intellectuals silent.
comments powered by Disqus
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit