Reason Papers vol 32
The editorial to volume 26 of Reason Papers began with this: Reason Papers was founded in 1974 by Professor Tibor R. Machan, who edited the first twenty-five volumes. A review of the tables of contents of those volumes reveals many of today's best philosophers sowing the seeds of work for which they would later become famous, and showcases some great debates in moral and political philosophy. It was an honor for me to be asked by Professor Machan to contribute a review essay back in 1992, sharing journal space with many of the scholars I looked up to and had been using in my own research. After the completion of volume 25, Fall 2000, Professor Machan decided to focus his energies on other projects, and honored me once again by choosing to turn over the editorship of Reason Papers to me. At this point, I too need to focus my energies on other projects, and so after this issue I will be stepping aside as Editor-in-Chief. Irfan Khawaja and Carrie-Ann Biondi, who have done such excellent work as manging editors, will be assuming full responsibility for the journal as the new editors-in-chief effective next issue. It has been a privilege and a pleasure to work with them and I look forward to serving them on the advisory board. I would like to thank Tibor Machan again for entrusting me with the journal over the last decade, and I’d like to thank all those who have served as referees for submissions, without whose judgement this would be a much less important venue. Thanks to Stephan Kinsella for invaluable assistance on the PDF end of things. Thanks of course to all the contributors whose work has made RP worth reading. And I’d like to thank the readers – I hope you continue to read it and learn from it, starting with the one in your hands.
It's been fun, interesting, and educational, but my run is done.
comments powered by Disqus
- Frontline does Trump & Clinton
- This New York Times ‘Hitler’ book review sure reads like a thinly veiled Trump comparison
- Chicago Tribune editorial: The government should release secret grand jury testimony about its 1942 scoop: "Jap Plan to Strike at Sea"
- US owes blacks reparations over slavery: UN experts
- Mali Islamist jailed for nine years for Timbuktu shrine attacks
- What Historians Are Saying About the First Trump-Clinton Debate
- Princeton professor documents the movement that ended single-sex education at elite schools
- Annette Gordon-Reed tells historians the controversy over Harvard law school's shield is different from the fight over the Confederate flag
- Historian EP Thompson denounced Communist party chiefs, files show
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017