Reason Papers vol 32
The editorial to volume 26 of Reason Papers began with this: Reason Papers was founded in 1974 by Professor Tibor R. Machan, who edited the first twenty-five volumes. A review of the tables of contents of those volumes reveals many of today's best philosophers sowing the seeds of work for which they would later become famous, and showcases some great debates in moral and political philosophy. It was an honor for me to be asked by Professor Machan to contribute a review essay back in 1992, sharing journal space with many of the scholars I looked up to and had been using in my own research. After the completion of volume 25, Fall 2000, Professor Machan decided to focus his energies on other projects, and honored me once again by choosing to turn over the editorship of Reason Papers to me. At this point, I too need to focus my energies on other projects, and so after this issue I will be stepping aside as Editor-in-Chief. Irfan Khawaja and Carrie-Ann Biondi, who have done such excellent work as manging editors, will be assuming full responsibility for the journal as the new editors-in-chief effective next issue. It has been a privilege and a pleasure to work with them and I look forward to serving them on the advisory board. I would like to thank Tibor Machan again for entrusting me with the journal over the last decade, and I’d like to thank all those who have served as referees for submissions, without whose judgement this would be a much less important venue. Thanks to Stephan Kinsella for invaluable assistance on the PDF end of things. Thanks of course to all the contributors whose work has made RP worth reading. And I’d like to thank the readers – I hope you continue to read it and learn from it, starting with the one in your hands.
It's been fun, interesting, and educational, but my run is done.
comments powered by Disqus
- Migration To Americas Came in Waves, According to Big Data
- Barack Obama’s presidential library may need $1.5 billion
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography