Electronic Cornucopia of Liberty
Good things that are now available online:
comments powered by Disqus
Mark Brady - 7/26/2005
Kirzner is overly modest. His book is sadly neglected and deserves the widest readership.
Kenneth R Gregg - 7/26/2005
Ages ago, I mentioned to Kirzner his "Economic Point of View" in the middle of a discussion with about his "entrepreneurial theory of ownership." Explained that I enjoyed it immensely and he kind of pooh-poohed the book as not being overly good. I felt somewhat embarrassed in defending the book from its author, but I believe it is a far better introductory work in economic theory than most Econ 101 books and lacking in the errors of nearly all others.
Also pointed out some of the interesting material by Carl Menger's brother's (Anton Menger) work, "Whole Produce of Labor" to him on Ricardian socialism. Don't know if you are familiar with this work. Of course, one of the primary Ricardian socialists, Thomas Hodgskin, was neither Ricardian nor socialist, but that is another matter.
Very glad to see Lib Forum finally online. It brings back all sorts of memories of that time. "Listen YAF!" and many of Rothbard's best writings were there.
Just a thought.
Roderick T. Long - 7/25/2005
I use "comic book" for the same reason Ayn Rand used "selfishness." :-)
Aeon J. Skoble - 7/25/2005
Please - "graphic novel" ;-)
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges
- English professor uses literature to help cure historical amnesia
- WSJ features an article by a conservative calling for the abolition of Black History Month
- Mary Beard, herself a bestselling author, wonders why more women historians aren't