Electronic Cornucopia of Liberty
Good things that are now available online:
comments powered by Disqus
Mark Brady - 7/27/2005
Kirzner is overly modest. His book is sadly neglected and deserves the widest readership.
Kenneth R Gregg - 7/27/2005
Ages ago, I mentioned to Kirzner his "Economic Point of View" in the middle of a discussion with about his "entrepreneurial theory of ownership." Explained that I enjoyed it immensely and he kind of pooh-poohed the book as not being overly good. I felt somewhat embarrassed in defending the book from its author, but I believe it is a far better introductory work in economic theory than most Econ 101 books and lacking in the errors of nearly all others.
Also pointed out some of the interesting material by Carl Menger's brother's (Anton Menger) work, "Whole Produce of Labor" to him on Ricardian socialism. Don't know if you are familiar with this work. Of course, one of the primary Ricardian socialists, Thomas Hodgskin, was neither Ricardian nor socialist, but that is another matter.
Very glad to see Lib Forum finally online. It brings back all sorts of memories of that time. "Listen YAF!" and many of Rothbard's best writings were there.
Just a thought.
Roderick T. Long - 7/26/2005
I use "comic book" for the same reason Ayn Rand used "selfishness." :-)
Aeon J. Skoble - 7/25/2005
Please - "graphic novel" ;-)
- New museum in Poland -- the grandest space created since 1989 -- tells the story of the Jews
- Lewinsky mistreated by authorities in investigation of Clinton, report says
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- How Laurel Thatcher Ulrich caught up with the past
- Postal Workers Take on Harvard President, historian Drew Faust
- Symposium held in honor of John D’Emilio
- Thousands of Historic Archives from British Asylums to Go Online
- American Studies Association boycott of Israel: Conservatives say it’s weakening