A Timetable for Pulling Out of Iraq
comments powered by Disqus
tex mac - 7/23/2005
'Just World News' by Helena Cobban
I'm a columnist, researcher, and writer on global affairs. I'm a Contributing Editor of Boston Review. I've written a column for The Christian Science Monitor since 1990 and another for Al-Hayat (London) since 1993. Check out my home web-site for details of my five books, my current projects, etc.
I'm probably the only Quaker who's also a member of the International Institute for Strategic Studies. I was born in England, worked as a journalist in the Middle East, 1974-81, and have lived mainly in the U.S. since 1982. I'm a citizen of the world but I also have citizenship in both Britain and the US.
Brian Radzinsky - 7/23/2005
The article does a good job of not only addressing the overarching issue of withdrawl, but in doing so puts to death the false dichotomy that it's either complete withdrawl of troops and influence or a sustained occupation lasting until the ambiguous goal of "stability" is reached.
David T. Beito - 7/22/2005
Tom G Palmer - 7/22/2005
Thanks! That one works. I'm looking forward to reading it.
John Arthur Shaffer - 7/22/2005
The other link is dead.
Tom G Palmer - 7/22/2005
David, Looks interesting, but there's something wrong with the link. (At least I can't get to it from Bulgaria.) Could you please check?
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges