Don Lavoie Memorial Essay Competition
The prize committee consists of:
Peter Boettke, George Mason University
Emily Chamlee-Wright, Beloit College
Steven Horwitz, St. Lawrence University
David Prychitko, Northern Michigan University
Deadline for submissions is September 1, 2005. Decisions will be made by September 15.
All questions and submissions should be sent, either electronically or by mail, to:
Department of Economics
George Mason University, MSN 3G4
Fairfax, VA 22030
More information on the SDAE can be found here.
I know that many L&P contributors and readers knew and admired Don. Feel free to pass this announcement on to other blogs or websites, or communicate it to colleagues and students at your schools.
comments powered by Disqus
Steven Horwitz - 7/22/2005
Thanks a bunch Tom. That competition has been around for a number of years and Pete decided to name it in Don's memory after his passing in 2001.
Tom G Palmer - 7/22/2005
This is a great way of honoring Don's generosity and kindness.
I'll be sure to promote this in Europe. I'll start sending out some emails this afternoon!
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- Trump will get more GOP primary votes than anyone in history (because more people are voting)
- Labour Party suspends former Mayor of London for implying Hitler supported Zionism
- At Virginia home of President Monroe, a sizable revision of history
- Thirty Years After Chernobyl, Debate Rages About Nuclear Power
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"
- Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger discusses his controversial career
- Annette Gordon-Reed subjects herself to Reddit, the “anything-goes” social media website
- Historian Nick Turse says the Pentagon has blacklisted him for making multiple FOIA requests