Higgs Dissects the Warfare State (Liberty and Power Lecture at UA)
In the picture shown above, yours truly is posing with Robert Higgs, and Alina Stefanescu Coryell (the heart and soul of the Liberty and Power Lectures) just after his talk,"Rise of the Warfare State." It was the second installment in the series at the University of Alabama.
Despite a lack of media coverage, we attracted a lively crowd of about fifty. As usual, Higgs delivered the goods in a hard-hitting historical analysis of the military-industrial complex. I'll be able to post an itune of the talk in the next couple of days.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing