WORTH READING and WATCHING
Back but still jet-lagged. So, here are some short takes:
Therefore, expect post election fireworks
Why China is wooing the Jihadis, and what India should do Clearly, India is more vulnerable to Islamist mayhem than China.
Poor, petrified Obama - Americans may think he really follows the religion of his father.
Unfortunately, he has little to fear from those hurt worse by his disastrous economic policies - They will continue to vote for him. Soledad O’Brien: Bad Economy is ‘devestating for the Black Community’
This is the topic mostly ignored by MSM. Good work, Soledad.
The Israeli Negev may contain oil fields after all. But will it end up being a blessing or a curse?!
I have always always argued that multilingual education is inherently beneficial since knowing at least two ways of saying something inherently leads to assume they are many way to achieve a particular goal. In other words, it opens the mind. This logic has now been affirmed scientifically.
I am less sure about the delayed dementia. Five languages failed to protect my mother from its horror during the last couple of years. Of course, it may be argued that it delayed the onset to her late eighties. Be that as it may, it is difficult to point out the downside of multilingualism.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum