WORTH READING and WATCHING
Back but still jet-lagged. So, here are some short takes:
Therefore, expect post election fireworks
Why China is wooing the Jihadis, and what India should do Clearly, India is more vulnerable to Islamist mayhem than China.
Poor, petrified Obama - Americans may think he really follows the religion of his father.
Unfortunately, he has little to fear from those hurt worse by his disastrous economic policies - They will continue to vote for him. Soledad O’Brien: Bad Economy is ‘devestating for the Black Community’
This is the topic mostly ignored by MSM. Good work, Soledad.
The Israeli Negev may contain oil fields after all. But will it end up being a blessing or a curse?!
I have always always argued that multilingual education is inherently beneficial since knowing at least two ways of saying something inherently leads to assume they are many way to achieve a particular goal. In other words, it opens the mind. This logic has now been affirmed scientifically.
I am less sure about the delayed dementia. Five languages failed to protect my mother from its horror during the last couple of years. Of course, it may be argued that it delayed the onset to her late eighties. Be that as it may, it is difficult to point out the downside of multilingualism.
comments powered by Disqus
- The six-day war: why Israel is still divided over its legacy 50 years on
- "Space archaeology" transforms how ancient sites are discovered
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?