WORTH READING and WATCHING
Back but still jet-lagged. So, here are some short takes:
Therefore, expect post election fireworks
Why China is wooing the Jihadis, and what India should do Clearly, India is more vulnerable to Islamist mayhem than China.
Poor, petrified Obama - Americans may think he really follows the religion of his father.
Unfortunately, he has little to fear from those hurt worse by his disastrous economic policies - They will continue to vote for him. Soledad O’Brien: Bad Economy is ‘devestating for the Black Community’
This is the topic mostly ignored by MSM. Good work, Soledad.
The Israeli Negev may contain oil fields after all. But will it end up being a blessing or a curse?!
I have always always argued that multilingual education is inherently beneficial since knowing at least two ways of saying something inherently leads to assume they are many way to achieve a particular goal. In other words, it opens the mind. This logic has now been affirmed scientifically.
I am less sure about the delayed dementia. Five languages failed to protect my mother from its horror during the last couple of years. Of course, it may be argued that it delayed the onset to her late eighties. Be that as it may, it is difficult to point out the downside of multilingualism.
comments powered by Disqus
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Baton Rouge area Catholic school responds to student's racist essay about Black History Month
- How the ‘guerrilla archivists’ saved history – and are doing it again under Trump
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit