Thaddeus Russell gives us a foretaste of his new book, A Renegade History of the United States, in"11 Freedoms That Drunks, Slackers, Prostitutes and Pirates Pioneered And The Founding Fathers Opposed," Huffington Post, 13 October.
Rachel Shteir,"The Call to Service," The Book, 13 October, reviews Yoko Kawaguchi's Butterfly's Sisters: The Geisha in Western Culture.
Jennifer Homans,"Is Ballet Over?" TNR, 13 October, is an excerpt from the epilogue of her new book Apollo's Angels: A History of Ballet.
Finally, farewell to La Trobe's and William and Mary's Rhys Isaac, a distinguished historian of colonial America.
comments powered by Disqus
Ralph E. Luker - 10/26/2010
Thanks, Andrew. I've corrected the link.
Andrew D. Todd - 10/26/2010
Other New Republic articles by Jennifer Homans:
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity