Thaddeus Russell gives us a foretaste of his new book, A Renegade History of the United States, in"11 Freedoms That Drunks, Slackers, Prostitutes and Pirates Pioneered And The Founding Fathers Opposed," Huffington Post, 13 October.
Rachel Shteir,"The Call to Service," The Book, 13 October, reviews Yoko Kawaguchi's Butterfly's Sisters: The Geisha in Western Culture.
Jennifer Homans,"Is Ballet Over?" TNR, 13 October, is an excerpt from the epilogue of her new book Apollo's Angels: A History of Ballet.
Finally, farewell to La Trobe's and William and Mary's Rhys Isaac, a distinguished historian of colonial America.
comments powered by Disqus
Ralph E. Luker - 10/26/2010
Thanks, Andrew. I've corrected the link.
Andrew D. Todd - 10/26/2010
Other New Republic articles by Jennifer Homans:
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland
- NYT praises James McPherson for finding a way to remain objective about Jeff Davis
- Historian says the removal of Nazi-era art to Switzerland makes restitution unlikely
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita