YOUTH DISENCHANTED WITH OBAMA AS ARE SOME AFRICAN AMERICANS
Two groups of Obama supporters paid a particularly high price for his failed economic policies: The Blacks and the young. The Huffington Post writes: Youth Unemployment hits a record this summer Not surprisingly, it leads to a SF Examiner report that Obama losing magic with younger voters, too It seems that the young are not so different from the rest of the population. Not only do they agree with their elders about the Arizona law and the Ground Zero mosque but they understand that they will be the one stuck with paying for the geometrically growing public debt.
A Harvard Institute of Politics poll in March showed that, when it comes to the deficit, young people would even trade speedier economic recovery for keeping the deficit down: When offered a choice, a majority (51%) of young adults said they believe that the “President and Congress should worry more about keeping the budget deficit down, even though it may mean it will take longer for the economy to recover;” 45% of 18-29 year-olds said that the “President and Congress should worry more about boosting the economy even though it may mean larger budget deficits now and in the future.”
Left-leaning pollster John Anzalone, who did the Rock the Vote poll with right-leaning Tarrance Group, included this concern (pdf) about the deficit in his advice to Democrats on energizing young voters:
Although those under 30 strongly support increased investment in renewable energy and college aid, they are not looking for politicians to simply throw money at problems. The national debt is a grave concern for this age group (66% very concerned / 93% concerned overall) as they do not want to be forced to shoulder the burden of future tax increases. Given this, Democratic candidates must be sure to demonstrate a commitment to reining in wasteful spending and reducing the deficit, while framing investments in renewable energy and college aid as important for both short and long-term economic growth.
African American unemployment stands at 16.3% and African American youth unemployment at 40.6%. Is that enough to overcome the ethnic pride African Americans feel in Barack Hussein Obama?
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”