My 91 year old mother celebrated her birthday in the hospital. Actually, it was not much of a celebration. She did not know it was her birthday and we found nothing to celebrate. In the past year she has gone in and out of the hospital every few weeks. Her mind is gone but the doctors are determined to hold on to her pretty much inert body.
There is nothing unique in her fate. Modern medicine makes it very difficult to die. This psalm is dedicated to her and to all those who share her and our family's predicament. We must find a way to do better.
comments powered by Disqus
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- $35 million Book of Mormon manuscript sale called the ‘biggest game-changer in Mormon history’
- 159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.