My 91 year old mother celebrated her birthday in the hospital. Actually, it was not much of a celebration. She did not know it was her birthday and we found nothing to celebrate. In the past year she has gone in and out of the hospital every few weeks. Her mind is gone but the doctors are determined to hold on to her pretty much inert body.
There is nothing unique in her fate. Modern medicine makes it very difficult to die. This psalm is dedicated to her and to all those who share her and our family's predicament. We must find a way to do better.
comments powered by Disqus
- Here’s the century-long history behind Colombia’s peace agreement with the FARC
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant