Higgs Comes to the University of Alabama (Liberty and Power Lectures, October 5)
I am delighted to announce that our own Robert Higgs will be appearing at the University of Alabama on October 5 to do what he does best. He will offer his legendary insights into the origins of the American Military-Industrial Complex. The talk will be in Room 205 at the Gorgas Library at 6:00 pm. He will be featured as part of the Liberty and Power Lectures.
Higgs is a Senior Fellow at the Independent Institute and editor of the Institute’s quarterly journal the Independent Review. He is the author of such path-breaking works as Depression, War, and Cold War, Crisis and Leviathan and Competition and Coercion.
comments powered by Disqus
- Researchers Discover Incredible Mayan Monument
- Kitty Genovese Killing Is Retold in the Film ‘37’
- Lithuania wants to erase its ugly history of Nazi collaboration
- Huckabee: Iran nuclear deal will march Israelis ‘to the door of the oven’
- Connecticut Democrats drop Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson names from annual fundraising dinner
- Historian Howard Segal says the cost of paying for expensive commencement speeches is diverting funds from where they’re most needed
- Historian Shelly Cline researches female Nazi guards
- Owen Chadwick, Eminent Historian of Christianity, Dies at 99
- Members of the University of South Florida’s history department are finding new ways to get their jobs done after budget cuts
- Testing the U.S.-Israel Bond