LATEST FROM ISRAEL
The result? 91 years Palestinian amongst the dead
Israel remembers the righteous:26/11: Israel honors Indian nanny with citizenship
72% of Jewish population visited synagogue in 2009 Most on the holiest day of the year, the Day of Atonement or Yom Kippur. That day the country pretty much shuts down. Jewish holidays run from sun down to sun down, so the latest anything is open on Yom kippur eve is noon.
The 1973 Yom Kippur war was a disgusting Egyptian/Syrian attempt to exploit the day for military advantage. I am not sure what kind of advantage the EU foreign ministers were seeking when they insisted they wished to come to Israel to discuss the Gaza aid on the eve of Yom Kippur.
Israel asked for a date change. The absurdly undiplomatic EU diplomats whined that Israel is dissing them.
Please! If I were suspicious minded I would argue that the fracas was premeditated. They worried that they will not get their share of the Hamas PLC Speaker Ahmad Bahr: 2.5 Million Virgins Await the Prophets, the Righteous, and the Martyrs in a Single Palace in the Garden of Eden"
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian