LATEST FROM ISRAEL
The result? 91 years Palestinian amongst the dead
Israel remembers the righteous:26/11: Israel honors Indian nanny with citizenship
72% of Jewish population visited synagogue in 2009 Most on the holiest day of the year, the Day of Atonement or Yom Kippur. That day the country pretty much shuts down. Jewish holidays run from sun down to sun down, so the latest anything is open on Yom kippur eve is noon.
The 1973 Yom Kippur war was a disgusting Egyptian/Syrian attempt to exploit the day for military advantage. I am not sure what kind of advantage the EU foreign ministers were seeking when they insisted they wished to come to Israel to discuss the Gaza aid on the eve of Yom Kippur.
Israel asked for a date change. The absurdly undiplomatic EU diplomats whined that Israel is dissing them.
Please! If I were suspicious minded I would argue that the fracas was premeditated. They worried that they will not get their share of the Hamas PLC Speaker Ahmad Bahr: 2.5 Million Virgins Await the Prophets, the Righteous, and the Martyrs in a Single Palace in the Garden of Eden"
comments powered by Disqus
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum