LATEST FROM ISRAEL
The result? 91 years Palestinian amongst the dead
Israel remembers the righteous:26/11: Israel honors Indian nanny with citizenship
72% of Jewish population visited synagogue in 2009 Most on the holiest day of the year, the Day of Atonement or Yom Kippur. That day the country pretty much shuts down. Jewish holidays run from sun down to sun down, so the latest anything is open on Yom kippur eve is noon.
The 1973 Yom Kippur war was a disgusting Egyptian/Syrian attempt to exploit the day for military advantage. I am not sure what kind of advantage the EU foreign ministers were seeking when they insisted they wished to come to Israel to discuss the Gaza aid on the eve of Yom Kippur.
Israel asked for a date change. The absurdly undiplomatic EU diplomats whined that Israel is dissing them.
Please! If I were suspicious minded I would argue that the fracas was premeditated. They worried that they will not get their share of the Hamas PLC Speaker Ahmad Bahr: 2.5 Million Virgins Await the Prophets, the Righteous, and the Martyrs in a Single Palace in the Garden of Eden"
comments powered by Disqus
- Artist Corrects Inaccuracies At The George W. Bush Library With Augmented Reality
- “Unprecedented” discovery of mysterious structures created by Neanderthals
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize
- Michael Cohen explains why he calls his book on 1968 “American Malestrom"
- Fredrik Logevall on Obama's Legacy