LATEST FROM ISRAEL
The result? 91 years Palestinian amongst the dead
Israel remembers the righteous:26/11: Israel honors Indian nanny with citizenship
72% of Jewish population visited synagogue in 2009 Most on the holiest day of the year, the Day of Atonement or Yom Kippur. That day the country pretty much shuts down. Jewish holidays run from sun down to sun down, so the latest anything is open on Yom kippur eve is noon.
The 1973 Yom Kippur war was a disgusting Egyptian/Syrian attempt to exploit the day for military advantage. I am not sure what kind of advantage the EU foreign ministers were seeking when they insisted they wished to come to Israel to discuss the Gaza aid on the eve of Yom Kippur.
Israel asked for a date change. The absurdly undiplomatic EU diplomats whined that Israel is dissing them.
Please! If I were suspicious minded I would argue that the fracas was premeditated. They worried that they will not get their share of the Hamas PLC Speaker Ahmad Bahr: 2.5 Million Virgins Await the Prophets, the Righteous, and the Martyrs in a Single Palace in the Garden of Eden"
comments powered by Disqus
- Marine Corps investigating photo of iconic flag-raising on Iwo Jima
- Scholars Blast New Study Tracing Ashkenazi Jews to Khazars of Ancient Turkey
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95