Liberty and Power Lectures Launch (Jimmy Wales)
The Liberty and Power Lectures (a name inspired by this humble blog) will debut on Wednesday, September 8 at 7:30 in the Ferguson Theater at the University of Alabama. We are starting with a tsunami. Our first speaker is Jimmy Wales, master of Wikipedia, and his topic will be"Liberty, Power, and Wikipedia."
The series, focuses on the relationship between liberty and power in history. Future speakers include Robert Higgs, Scott Horton of Harper's, Steve Horwitz, and Jonathan Bean. For more details on the lectures, see here.
comments powered by Disqus
- Yemen museum destroyed
- Viking beaters: Scots and Irish may have settled Iceland a century before Norsemen
- Secret diary of a top Soviet official shows the leadership was in turmoil 15 years before the USSR’s demise
- New History Dispute Splits U.S. Allies in Asia
- New exhibit at the Hirshhorn Museum focuses on Iranian history
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize
- Niall Ferguson Vs. Robert Skidelsky